Question:
Name some popular country songs that can be played on a guitar?
Asher
2007-05-11 08:02:05 UTC
I'm a guitarist, I need some music to play but I don't sing so I need music that everybody will recognise.
Fourteen answers:
strayinma
2007-05-11 08:05:49 UTC
Roger Miller - King of the Road

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

The Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down to Georgia

Webb Pierce - In The Jailhouse Now

John Denver - Thank God I'm a Country Boy

Roy Orbison - Blue Bayou
2007-05-11 08:07:16 UTC
Well there is always , " I'm so lonely in my saddle since my horse died " , and we can not forget this classic, " Back when gas was 50 cents a gallon , your love was only 30 cents away :)) " . Then be sure to play a couple of songs backwards so they have happy endings :))
Pale Rider
2007-05-11 10:37:43 UTC
well if you can get a guitar, banjo and mandolin player to jam with you try Arlington by Trace Atkins but you will also need a deep male voice to sing the lyrics

The song is about a war dead veteran who's body is brought home to Arlington National Cemetary where the USA lays to rest the bodies of honorable war dead soldiers and it is about his spirit's experiences being layed to rest for the final time and is a very good but sad honorable song along the lines of Green Day's "Wake me up when September Ends"
2007-05-11 13:51:38 UTC
Okay i play a lot of country songs on guitar myself.Here's a lot of songs and links to tabs for song's i play.

Here's my favorite song "Boondocks" by Little Big Town.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/little_big_town/boondocks_crd.htm

"Stupid Boy"-Keith Urban

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/keith_urban/stupid_boy_crd.htm

"Achy Breaky Heart"-Billy Ray Cyrus

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/billy_ray_cyrus/achy_breaky_heart_crd.htm

"Johnny Cash"-Jason Aldean

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jason_aldean/johnny_cash_crd.htm

"Leave The Pieces"-The Wreckers

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/the_wreckers/leave_the_pieces_crd.htm

"Tim Mcgraw"-Taylor Swift

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/taylor_swift/tim_mcgraw_crd.htm

"Bring It On Home"-Little Big Town

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/little_big_town/bring_it_on_home_crd.htm

Also here's a couple of easy songs

Wild Thing:A,D,E that's the main riff

Knockin' On Heavens Door:G,D,Am is the first riff then G,D,C is the the second riff so it's just those chords over and over.

Sweet Home Alabama:C,D,G, but you have to get the pattern and that'll get you recognised,

Free Bird:G,D,Em,F,C,D is the riff over and over again.

I hope i helped and you become a good guitar player.
Kitty
2007-05-11 08:06:58 UTC
Most "charted" songs have sheet music. You should be able to play almost any "hit" song. If you are learning how to play, buy a how-to book. Once you can play, you can pick any song.
Lisa T (Stop BSL)
2007-05-11 11:43:17 UTC
Drive (for daddy Gene) by Alan Jackson
2007-05-11 12:43:38 UTC
Stupid Boy- Keith Urban
2007-05-11 11:40:06 UTC
key word there being COUNTRY songs...preety much all of them lend themselves to the guitar
2007-05-11 08:05:12 UTC
Get yourself a Johnney Cash tab book. :-)
steph
2007-05-11 08:05:19 UTC
get someone to sing with you and i'll create a song for you, only you'll have to figure out a tune, i can't do those
?
2007-05-11 08:05:16 UTC
any garth brooks songs are played on the guitar.
annabelle
2007-05-11 08:21:05 UTC
"Sweet Home Alabama", this song is very recognizable, well at least in America.
havanadig
2007-05-11 08:06:04 UTC
I didnt realise i loved you till i hit you with that shovel.
ShineR
2007-05-11 08:09:22 UTC
cool...what kind of music do you like? anyway,do you like evan taubenfeld? he's so great!